When searching for a (new) job, it’s highly important to put effort into the interview process and be as prepared as possible to it. This will be an opportunity to move beyond the rÃ©sumÃ© and learn more about your skills and personality traits that can’t be shown on your CV. Here is a very smart list of favorite questions you definitely should think about:
- Describe your toughest assignment so far.
- Share with me a conversation you had with your boss or others in your life where some feedback you heard was tough to take.
- What will you do if you don’t get this job?
- Why should I hire you?
- Have you ever had to terminate someone?
- Tell me about a problem your company had and how you used technology to solve it.
- What book is currently on your nightstand?
This question will quickly reveal your weaknesses and how you cope with them.
How do you listen and act on feedback? How do you handle criticism ?
This one will show if you have a career path and are committed to your aspirations, but you could also tell that you have other interviews so the interviewer knows they’ll have to react fast if they want you!
What is your motivation to get the job, how passionate are you, did you research about it and the company?
How do you work in team, can you make tough decision if someone is not working out?
This question has a double goal: check that you have the knowledge, and check that you know how to use it.
Some think that readers tend to be learners, and this will tell a lot about your personality.